Executive Director Position Description
The chief responsibility of the Executive is to be the spiritual and organizational leader of the organization. This person will be the visionary of Youth Leadership, the provost of the training programs, a key instructor of the seminars and training events and the symbol bearer in his/her functions. This person will work directly with the Governing Board to accomplish the organizational goals set up in the vision of the organization.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Give overall leadership to the mission and vision to Youth Leadership.
- Provide organizational financial management.
- Be the chief fundraising officer: have personal responsibility in achieving the development goals established each year.
- Give leadership to the training components of Youth Leadership.
- Work with the Governing Board on policy and board development.
- Develop ministry partnership relationships for Youth Leadership.
- Be the symbol bearer of Youth Leadership in all external connections.
- Speak and teach in a wide variety of venues on behalf of Youth Leadership.
- Build a team spirit among the staff.
- Work with the Governing Board to establish and advance the vision of Youth Leadership.
- Ensure the organization’s financial viability overall, including fundraising.
- Lead and further the current and future programmatic development.
- Oversee the vision and direction of Recharge.
- Oversee the creation, development and teaching components of the Youth Ministry and Children’s Ministry Certification Programs.
- Represent Youth Leadership through key relationships, meetings, ministry partnerships and in speaking engagements that fit within the mission of Youth Leadership
- Lead all staff.
- Create a plan to develop Youth Leadership Associate Speaking Staff.
- Be the key staff liaison to the standing committees of the Board.
- Personal Christian faith.
- Demonstrated fundraising experience.
- Master’s degree with five years of youth ministry experience, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a strong team spirit.
- Demonstrated leadership, teaching and public speaking skills.
- Ability to relate within an ecumenical arena.
- Experience teaching in academic and non-academic settings.
Salary and benefits negotiable, commensurate with experience.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com